BCSS Southampton & District Branch January 2007 Newsletter British Cactus & Succulent Society Branch Secretary Newsletter Editor 79 Shirley Avenue 29 Heathlands Road Shirley Southampton & District Branch Newsletter January 2007 With Steve Hammer being the speaker at our Editorial . 1 March meeting , we are likely to attract a significant Announcements. 1 numb
- A |
J |K |
U |V |
Applications and usage of medilox solutionNon-toxic Disinfectant of the 3rd generation concept! User’s Manual for MEDILOX-Solution
★ Please read this manual thoroughly before using MEDILOX-Solution ★
▣ Sterilization effect
It sterilizes every microorganism such as Mycobacterium, MRSA, Pseudomonas, Salmonella,
Shigella, Candida, Bacillus and Virus within 30 seconds.
MEDILOX-Solution is non-toxic, non-irritant and harmless to skin, mucous membrane, eyes and
wounded skin even in case of oral swallow.
MEDILOX-Solution is colorless, odorless. It can be used as a liquid form as it is anywhere.
1. Please use the liquid as it is and do not mix up others. 2. For the most effective sterilization, it is recommended to wash and clean out debris, steins or organic matters well previously. 3. Despite a powerful sterilization effect, please soak those sterilizing objects into the MEDILOX-Solution for about 5 minutes for safer sterilization. Soak is much more effective than spraying. 4. After completion of disinfections, please rinse well and wipe out those sterilized objects with a germ-free water, sterilized gauze or absorbent cotton etc. 5. For medical devices, rubbed the surfaces well with a moisten towel or absorbent cotton, wet
enough but un-squeezed well with the Medilox solution in order to make a disinfectant film with
the solution. Then wipe out the film of the Medilox solution after three minutes.
6. For the sterilization of hands and skin, spray the MEDILOX-Solution on those surfaces
evenly and rubbed them well for more than one minutes. Then, it is recommended to rinse them
7. For Endoscopes, please wash out well organic matters remaining on the surface of devices
with a detergent and inject MEDILOX-Solution into the biopsy hole with a 50cc syringe. Then after three minutes of sink sterilization in the MEDILOX-Solution, rinse out and dry the devices before applying them for patients. 8. In case of using an Endoscope Washer, properly adjust the sterilizing time to about three
minutes and other processes to two or three minutes.
9. For disinfection of the patients' bedding accessories, cloths and linens, spray MEDILOX-
Solution on their surfaces. But your have to soak them in the Medilox solution for three to five
minutes for perfect sterilization. It never happens spots, coloring and any damage of the materials.
1. Do not mix up with other chemicals. 2. Please do not store the MEDILOX-Solution in the revealed direct light. Put it in cool shaded place with closing its cap or cover. 3. Use it only under 65℃(149℉). But it’s optimal using temperature is more or less 25℃(77℉). 4. Three minutes of sterilization for Endoscopes, Rubber products and Metallic devices made of SUS-304 materials is very enough. Therefore, please do not soak them into MEDILOX-Solution more than 20 minutes. Otherwise, they might be corroded and damaged in repeated uses. 5. Use only sterilizing tray made of plastic. Otherwise it might be corroded. 6. The Medilox-Solution can be used with no exceeding 15 days after opening the bottle cap in normal. But its term of validity could be shortened upon sterilizing processes and methods, amount of microorganism, number of sterilizing cases and mixture of washing water etc. 7. However, the MEDILOX-Solution is applicable in the concept of single use due to its lowest producing cost. Manufacturers or sales companies of disinfectant do not guarantee exactly the safe duration for sterilization but recommend the approximate one only. Only users have been responsible for outbreaks. So, it’s up to users how long they are going to use disinfectant within the recommended period. In this regard, if the cost would be valueless, single use would be the last resort. 8. Despite the harmless report on oral swallow test, should not drink it intentionally or unintentionally. Usage of Medilox Solution in Hospitals
1. Ranges of Application
Hands, Surgical Instruments & Gown, Surgical and Anesthesia device, Hands, Instruments & devices, Ventilator tubes, Masks, Mouthpieces, Suction catheters (limitedly), Wall and Room air etc. Hands, Oxygen mask, Ambu bag, Wall oxygen bottle, Wall suction bottle, Hands, Instruments, Wall and Room air etc. Endoscopies, Mouthpiece, Instruments, Hands, Wall and Room air etc. Infant Incubator, Instruments, Nursing bottle and nipple, Hands and Skin, Artificial tooth, Care after extraction of tooth, Periodontal disease, gargle Hands and skin, Device, Wall and Room air etc. Hands and skin, Lasix operation, Wall and Room air etc. Instruments, Hands and skin, Wall and Room air etc. Central Supply room Hands, Pre-sterilization to Autoclave, E.O gas sterilization and Supplies, Catheters, Bed and Linen, Room air, Patient cloths, Floors etc. Hands, Bowls & Dishes, Spoon & Chopstick, Knife, Kitchen towel, Mask, Boots, Vegetables with fresh food materials, Wall and Room air etc. Culture medium, Hands & skin, Wall and Room air etc. All atmospheric sterilization in hospitals Endoscopes fiber, Catheters, Nursing nipple, various tubes etc. Mouthpiece, Infant Incubator hood, Nursing bottle, Ventilator tube etc. All kind of instruments & devices etc. Surgical gowns, Patient cloths, Surgical mask, Linen, Gauze, Sanitary z [Caution] Should be rinsed out well after sterilizing. But it may not be necessary for other 2. How to sterilize by materials.
[CAUTION]All kinds of materials except stainless steel are not certainly required for rinsing after sterilizing in Medilox solution. It does not damage to any part of human body with such a non- toxic, smaller concentration features even to stomach for a gulp of drinking. But don’t drink it. Please remember that the standard procedure of sterilization is CEANING & WASHING – STERILIZING – RINSING & DRYING basically. The CLEANING & WASHING is the most important procedure which will affect the sterilizing efficacy. ① Clean them out well with a detergent to eliminate some of organic matters and rinse them out with Medilox solution. (Recommended) ② Suck Medilox solution thru the tip of catheters to clean out inside the wall of it and immerse them another Medilox solution after shaking it 3 or 4 times for only 3 minutes or until using it for the next duty. * Use it only for the same patient. Do not use it for other patients. Ventilator tubes etc. ① Clean inside and outside the tubes well in shaking with a detergent to eliminate some of organic matters and rinse them out with water. ② Immerse them into Medilox solution without an air blank inside the tubes for only 3 minutes or until using it for the next duty. ① Clean inside and outside the nipple well with a detergent to eliminate some of organic matters and rinse them out with water. ② Immerse them into Medilox solution for only 3 minutes or until using it ① Clean them out well with a detergent to eliminate some of organic ② Immerse them into Medilox solution for only 3 minutes. * Use it only for the same patient. Do not use it for other patients. ① Clean inside and outside the bottles well in shaking with a detergent to eliminate some of organic matters and rinse them out with water. ② Immerse them into Medilox solution for only 3 minutes. You may leave ① Clean inside and outside the nipple well with a detergent to eliminate some of organic matters and rinse them out with water. ② Immerse them into Medilox solution for only 3 minutes. (3) Stainless steel (Certainly requires to be rinsed by germ-free water) ① Clean them out well with a detergent to eliminate some of organic matters and rinse them out with Medilox solution. ② Sink them into Medilox solution for only 3 minutes. ③ Rinse them out well with a germ-free water ① Spray Medilox solution on or clean the surface of devices with a moisten gauze or cotton towel with Medilox solution. Be careful not to ② Rub the surface of stainless steel products with a moisten cloth with Medilox solution and dry it naturally in the air or wipe out after 3 min. ① Immerse them into Medilox solution for five minutes. (1st sterilization) ③ Immerse them into Medilox for only 3 minutes. (2nd sterilization) ④ Dry them prior to use. (Rinsing is not positively necessary) Kitchen table, Knife, ① Clean them out well with a detergent. ② Immerse them into Medilox solution for only 3 minutes. Kitchen towel, Floor ③ Rinse out well in case of stainless steel materials. 3. Sterilization for Endoscopes (7 minutes for total reprocessing is enough)
Prior to getting into machine thoroughly Sink endoscopes into Medilox solution for about 2 minutes.
MANAGEMENT OF ANTENATAL CARE WITH YOGA AND AYURVEDA Every human being on the planet is concerned with the process of birth. It is a sign of new beginning and growth and perception of soul (atma) or god. But the process is painful and consists of Tapa sadhana (patience and perseverance) for almost a year and nursing and upbringing for couple of years ahead. Hence every science, tradition, th