SOME QUESTIONS EVERY TRAVELLER HAS: Do I need shots? Which shots do I need?
Where do I get them? Will I be exposed to any illnesses while I am there? How do I bring my syringes and insulin on the airplane? Can I get prescription drugs there if I need them? Should I bring some Advil, Imodium, Pepto Bismol, Gravol? Etc.
Here are a few travel health websites and some tips to assist you in finding the answers
to the above, and many more, travel health questions:

 Contact the local Travel Health Clinic for information. Canada wide contact information for Travel
Health Clinics can be found at:and
the nearest Travel Health Clinic is located at: Antigonish International Travel Clinic,
Mediplex Building, 40 Church Street, Antigonish, phone: (902) 863-4558, ext
You can also visit the StFX Health Centre, Bloomfield Centre, phone: (902) 867-2263.  Find out the immunization requirements for your destination country. For example,
most countries require Diptheria, Tetanus, and Polio immunizations and some countries also require Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Yellow Fever. Make sure you know the requirements and the time prior to travel needed to allow maximum effectiveness for any  Visit the following websites for information on immunization requirements and travel
health issues for your destination country:  Bring along any medications you think you may require. It will be difficult, if not
impossible, to obtain over-the-counter or prescription medications while on an immersion experience.  Know the requirements for bringing prescription and non-prescription medication and
medical supplies into your destination country:
 Visfor
information on transporting medication and medical supplies.  All prescription and non-prescription medications must be in their original packaging.  You need to carry a letter from your doctor along with your prescriptions and/or medical supplies (e.g. syringes for insulin, Epi-pens) to avoid having them taken from you at customs.  Find out the airline requirements for transporting medical supplies (e.g. syringes).  In the event you have allergies to food, medications or other items you must be
prepared to deal with an allergic reaction while on your immersion experience.  Alert the host of any food allergies.  Ensure that you are carrying any medications you will need to counteract an allergic reaction.  Let someone know where the medication is and how it must be administered in case you are unable to administer it yourself (e.g. Epi-pen).  Give careful consideration to any current medical conditions, injuries, or disabilities
which may have an impact on your mobility or other aspects of your travel experience.
 If necessary, wear a medical alert tag.


THE LUPUS UK RANGE and Mixed Connective OF FACT SHEETS may require steroids or immunosuppressants such as A range of fact sheets are available as follows: Tissue Disease Further investigations required according to specialist centre and requires highly specialised management Drugs used in MCTD Steroids, either oral, intramuscular or intravenous, are used when the disease is


DELAWARE HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES _______________________________________________________________ Division of Public Health _______________________________________________________________ Delaware AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) Formulary as of September 27, 2011 Antiretrovirals Abacavir (Ziagen) Abacavir/lamivudine (Epzicom) Amprenavir (Agenerase) Atazanavir (Reyataz) C

Copyright © 2010-2014 Medical Articles