Sriram Dasu Associate Professor Data Sciences and Operations Marshall School of Business University of Southern California Los Angeles CA 90089
1980 B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. 1982 MBA (Operations Management)
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
II. RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
1. S. Dasu, R. Ahmadi, and S.M. Carr “Gray markets, demand uncertainty, and
excess inventory” Production and Operations Management
Volume 21, Issue 6, pages 1102–1113, November-December 2012
2. F. Iravani, S. Dasu, and R. Ahmadi, “A heirachical framework for organizing a
software development process” Operations Research
, 2012, vol 60, pp 1310-1322.
3. T. Roemer, R. Ahmadi, and S. Dasu “Travelling salesman problem with flexible
coloring” Discrete and Applied Mathematics
, Vol 160, 2012, pp 1798-1814
4. S. Dasu and C. Tong (2010): “Dynamic pricing when consumers are strategic:
Analysis of posted and contingent pricing models.” European Journal of Operations Research.
Vol 204, pp 662 – 671.
5. S. Dasu and R. Chase (2010): “Designing the soft side of customer service.” Sloan
, Fall, Vol 52, pp 33 – 39.
6. L.S. Leach, R. C. Myrtle, F.A. Weaver, and S. Dasu “Assessing the performance of
healthcare team.” Healthcare Management Review
2009, Vol 34, pages 29-41.
7. R. Chase and S. Dasu (2001) “Want to Perfect your Services: Use Behavioral
Science.” Harvard Business Review
, June 2001
8. D. Bowen, R. Chase, S. Dasu, L. Cook and D. Stewart (2001) “ Human Issues in
Service Design” Journal of Operations Management
9. S. Dasu and J. Rao (1999), “A Dynamic Process Model of Dissatisfaction for
Unfavorable, Non-routine Service Encounters,” Production and Operations Management
, Vol 3, Fall 1999
10. S. Dasu and J. Rao (1999), “Nature and Determinants of Customer Expectations
of Service Recovery in Healthcare” International Journal of Healthcare Quality
11. S. Dasu (1998), "Class Dependent Departure Process from Multiclass Phase
Queues Exact and Approximate Analysis," European Journal of Operations Research,
12. S. Dasu and L. Li (1997), "Optimal Operating Policies in the Presence of Exchange
Rate Uncertainties," Management Science
13. S. Dasu and J de La Torre (1997), "Operating an international network of partially
owned plants," Management Science
., March 1997.
14. J. Rao and S. Dasu (1997), “Nature of Service Recovery Expectations,” Decision
Science Conference Proceeding
, Fall 1997.
15. G.R. Bitran and S. Dasu (1994) "Analysis of the Phi/Ph/1 queue," Operations
16. G.R. Bitran and S. Dasu (1993) "Approximating Nonrenewal Processes by
Markov Chains: Use of Super-Erlang(SE) Chains," Operations Research
, 41,5 pp 903-923.
17. G.R. Bitran and S. Dasu (1992) "A Review of Open Queuing Network Models of
Manufacturing Systems," Queuing Systems
, 12, pp 95-133.
18. G.R. Bitran and S. Dasu (1992) "Ordering Policies in an Environment of Stochastic
Yields and Substitutable Demands," Operations Research
40, 5, pp 999-1017.
19. J.H. Ahmadi, R.H. Ahmadi, S. Dasu and C.S. Tang (1992), "Batching and
Scheduling Jobs on Batch and Discrete Processors," Operations Research
, 39, 4, pp 750-763.
20. R.H. Ahmadi, S. Dasu, and C.S. Tang (1992), "The Dynamic Line Allocation
Problem," Management Science
, 38, 9 pp 1341-1353.
B. PUBLISHED ARTICLES IN BOOKS 1. S. Dasu and R.Chase “The Customer Service Solution. Managing Emotions,
Trust, and Control”, Published by McGraw Hill July 2013.
2. S.Dasu (2009) “Der Service-Encounter in paramedizinischen Bereichen“ in
Qualitätsmanagement in Wellnesseinrichtungen, edited by Albin Krczal & Klaus Weiermair, ESV Publishing , Berlin, 2009
3. S. Dasu, C. Erickson, and J. Grahovac (1996), "Introduction of Quality-Driven
Team Based Systems: Issues at the Boundary of Operations Management and Industrial Relations," in Field Studies in Quality, Edited by U. Karmarkar and P. Lederer, Kluwer. (refereed).
4. G. R. Bitran and S. Dasu (1996): “Production Management” in Encyclopedia of
Operations Research and Management Science, edited by S.I. Gass, and C.M. Harris, Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
5. S. Dasu and C. Eastman (Editors) (1994), Management of Design: Engineering
and Management Perspectives, Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
6. S. Dasu (1994), "A Hierarchy of Resource Allocation Problems Arising in Product
Development," in Management of Design: Engineering and Management Perspectives, edited by S. Dasu and C. Eastman, Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
7. G.R. Bitran and S. Dasu, S.M. Gilbert (1993), "Multi-Product Co-Production in
Manufacturing and Services," pp 211-228 in Perspectives in Operations Management, edited by R. Sarin, Kluwer Academic Publishers. (refereed)
8. S.C. Graves, H. Meal, S. Dasu and Y Qiu (1986) "Two-Stage Production Planning
in a Dynamic Environment," pp 9-43 in Multi-Stage Production Planning and Inventory Control, Edited by S. Axaster, C.Schneeweiss, and E. Silver, Springer Verlag.
C. ARTICLES SUBMITTED TO JOURNALS 1. S. Kim and S.Dasu “An experimental study of posted prices” submitted to
Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
2. F.Iravani, S.Dasu, and R. Ahmadi “Pricing and sales-effort decisions in the
presence of gray markets.” second round Production and Operations Management.
3. W. Zhang, R.Ahmadi, S. Dasu “When larger customers may not get greater
discounts – posted pricing and bargaining in high tech supply chains” Under review Management Science.
4. S. Kim, W.T. Huh, and S. Dasu “Posted pricing scheme: existence and
uniqueness of equilibrium bidding strategies.” Under review O.R. Letters.
5. S. Dasu and H. Ochiumi “Compensations schemes for forecaster who influence
the outcome” Being revised for re-submission
6. S. Dasu and H. Ochiumi “Compensations schemes for forecaster who do not
influence the outcome” Being revised for submission to European Journal of Operations Research.
D. RESEARCH IN PROGRESS 1. R. Ahmadi, S. Dasu, and T. Roemer “Dynamic control of consumer energy
2. A. Brunner-Sperdin, S. Dasu. “Language use and caring related behaviors and
their impact on the perceptions of trust in professional services.”
3. S. Dasu and R, Murthy “Planning for epidemics at the hospital level by
4. Y. Bassok and S.Dasu “Supply contracts for vaccines” 5. Y. Bassok, S.Dasu, and O. Reyes “Forecasting the Need and Usage of a New
Drug: The Case of Introducing Misoprostol in Tanzania”, working paper.
6. S. Dasu “Risk management in fertilizer supply chains by coordinating
production plans with purchase of raw material and commodity futures.”
III. CHAIRMAN OF DOCTORAL COMMITTEES
1. S. Kim 2013 “Experimental of revenue management policies” USC, 2. Hiroshi Ochumi 2009: “Managing the Purchasing Function” USC., Assistant
Professor, Clinical, Marshall School of Business, USC.
3. Chunyang Tong 2006 “Revenue management models” USC. Associate Professor,
Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, Shanghai.
4. Jayant Rao, 1995, “Determinants of Satisfaction in Service Encounters:
“Expectations, Information, Seriousness, Access and Waiting” UCLA, Professor, Babson College, Boston.
5. Jovan Grahovac, 1995, “The firm its internal arrangements, and semi-
autonomous employee teams.” UCLA, Visiting Professor, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.
6. Emily Hou, 1991, “Optimal Control of Batch Processing Stations.” UCLA,
IV. PAPERS PRESENTED AT PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES & INVITED TALKS
1. “Designing Service Experiences” Invited Speaker, McKinsey Customer
Experience Roundtable, Orlando November 2013
2. “Learning, Process Improvement, and Incentives in Healthcare Delivery”,
Lecture, Secretary of Health, District Federal Brasilia, Brazil, August 2013.
3. “Designing the soft side of services: The ETCs” Invited presentation, POMS
4. “An experimental study of posted prices” INFORMS conference, Phoenix, 2012 5. “An experimental study of posted prices” POMS conference, Chicago 2012. 6. “Commitment contracts and drug development.” Invited talk, University of
7. “Planning for a pandemic: One hospital’s approach.” Poster presentation, Fall
2010, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, Atlanta.
8. “Designing the soft side of service systems” Invited presentation, University of
Utah, Utah Winter Operations Management Conference, Feb 2010,
9. “Healthcare Education and capacity development in Low Income Countries”
10. “Service system design” Invited Panelist, INFORMS conference, San Diego 2009 11. “Managing Patient Experiences” Invited talk, University of Innsbruck, April 2007 12. “Managing Patient Experiences” Invited talk, University Of Cincinnati,
13. “Incentive for Forecasters” MSOM Conference Chicago 2005
V. PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES, SERVICE, and EDITORIAL SERVICES:
(Partial List) Referee for several journals including: Management Science, Operations
Research, Sloan Management Review, European Journal Of Operational Research, IIE Transactions, Production and Operations Management, and California Management Review
Associate Editor: Naval Research Logistics 2003 – 2007
Senior Editor Manufacturing and Service Operations Management 2003 - 2006
Associate Editor of Management Science 1992 to 2002
Graduate Instruction Committee: 2009- 2012 Faculty Advisory committee 2001 – 2003 & 2007 - 2008
Marshall School Dean Search Committee
Tropical Medicine and International HealthEfficacy of co-administration of albendazoleand diethylcarbamazine against geohelminthiases:a study from South IndiaT. R. Mani1, R. Rajendran1, A. Munirathinam1, I. P. Sunish1, S. Md. Abdullah2, D. J. Augustin2and K. Satyanarayana11 Centre for Research in Medical Entomology (Indian Council of Medical Research), Madurai, India2 Department of Public Healt
Dr. med. Jürg Wermuth Facharzt FMH für Gastroenterologie und Innere Medizin Spiegelung von Speiseröhre - Magen - Zwölffingerdarm Sehr geehrte Patientin, sehr geehrter Patient - herzlich Willkommen ! Ihre betreuende Aerztin / Ihr betreuender Arzt hat Sie zur Untersuchung bei uns angemeldet. Bitte lesen Sie dieses kurze Infoblatt durch. Wie läuft die Untersuchung ab ? Ein feines