Bradley Philip Stoner Personal Information: Sex: Citizenship: Address and Telephone Numbers: Division of Infectious Diseases Washington University School of Medicine Tel. 314-935-5673 FAX 314-935-8535 e-mail: [email protected] Present Position: Associate Professor of Anthropology Director, Medicine and Society Program Director, Undergraduate Minor in Public
- A |
J |K |
U |V |
Date of Birth: 10/31/1979
Place of Birth: Tehran
Marital status: Single
Address for correspondence
Neuroscience Research Center
Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences
Tel: (+98-21) 22 42 97 68
Fax: (+98-21) 22 43 20 47
Mobile: (+98-912) 506 99 30
1998 - 2004
Graduate Pharmacy Student
School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran.
2004 - 2010
Postgraduate (Ph.D.) Student
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences,
Six months Research Fellow
Laboratory of molecular neuropharmacology, TCIN, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Oualifications 8 Appointments:
Pharm D. (2004) Mashhad University of Medical Sciences PhD (2010) Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences Assistant Professor (2011-date) Neuroscience Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran Research Interests and Activities
Behavioral and molecular neuropharmacology; focused on the neuroinflammatory and neurodegenerative processes which is a common feature in many neuropsychiatric and neurological disorders.
1. Enayatfard L, Rostami F, Nasoohi S, Oryan S, Ahmadiani A, Dargahi L. Dual Role of PPAR-γ in
Induction and Expression of Behavioral Sensitization to Cannabinoid Receptor Agonist WIN55,212-
2. Neuromolecular Med. 2013 Sep; 15(3):523-35. doi: 10.1007/s12017-013-8238-x.
2. Hemmati F, Dargahi L, Nasoohi S, Omidbakhsh R, Mohamed Z, Chik Z, Naidu M, Ahmadiani A.
Neurorestorative effect of FTY720 in a rat model of Alzheimer's disease: Comparison with
Memantine. Behav Brain Res. 2013 Jun 15; 252C:415-421. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2013.06.016.
3. Asle-Rousta M, Kolahdooz Z, Oryan SH, Ahmadiani A, Dargahi L. FTY720 (Fingolimod)
Attenuates Beta-amyloid Peptide (Aβ42)-Induced Impairment of Spatial Learning and Memory in
Rats. J Mol Neurosci. 2013 Feb 26. Jul; 50(3):524-32. doi: 10.1007/s12031-013-9979-6.
4. Ghasemi R, Dargahi L, Haeri A, Moosavi M, Mohamed Z, Ahmadiani A. Brain Insulin
Dysregulation: Implication for Neurological and Neuropsychiatric Disorders. Mol Neurobiol. 2013
Jan 20. Jun; 47(3):1045-65. doi: 10.1007/s12035-013-8404-z.
5. Sedaghat Z, Kadkhodaee M, Seifi B, Salehi E, Najafi A, Dargahi L. Remote preconditioning reduces
oxidative stress, downregulates cyclo-oxygenase-2 expression and attenuates ischaemia-reperfusion-
induced acute kidney injury. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2013 Feb; 40(2):97-103. doi:
6. Ghasemi R, Haeri A, Dargahi L, Mohamed Z, Ahmadiani A. Insulin in the Brain: Sources,
Localization and Functions. Mol Neurobiol. 2013 Feb; 47(1):145-71. doi: 10.1007/s12035-012-8339-
7. Nasiraei-Moghadam S, Sherafat MA, Safari MS, Moradi F, Ahmadiani A, Dargahi L. Reversal of
Prenatal Morphine Exposure-Induced Memory Deficit in Male But Not Female Rats. J Mol Neurosci.
2013 May; 50(1):58-69. doi: 10.1007/s12031-012-9860-z.
8. Rostami F, Oryan S, Ahmadiani A, Dargahi L. Morphine preconditioning protects against LPS-
induced neuroinflammation and memory deficit. J Mol Neurosci. 2012 Sep; 48(1):22-34.
9. Dutta P, Dargahi L, Ivankovic D, Healy LM, Dev KK, 2011, Trafficking of the GPR37/Pael receptor
by interacting proteins. Irish Journal of Medical Science, 180: 30-30. 10. Khalaj L, Peirovi H, Khodagholi F, Abdi A, Dargahi L, Ahmadiani A. Acute 17β-estradiol
pretreatment protects against abdominal aortic occlusion induced spinal cord ischemic-reperfusion
injury. Neurochem Res. 2011 Feb; 36(2):268-80. doi: 10.1007/s11064-010-0314-0.
11. Abdi A, Sadraie H, Dargahi L, Khalaj L, Ahmadiani A. Apoptosis inhibition can be threatening in
Aβ-induced neuroinflammation, through promoting cell proliferation. Neurochem Res. 2011 Jan; 36:
12. Dargahi L, Nasiraei-Moghadam S, Abdi A, Khalaj L, Moradi F, Ahmadiani A.Cyclooxygenase
(COX)-1 activity precedes the COX-2 induction in Aβ-induced neuroinflammation. J Mol Neurosci.
2011 Sep; 45(1):10-21. doi: 10.1007/s12031-010-9401-6.
13. Ansari N, Khodagholi F, Ramin M, Amini M, Irannejad H, Dargahi L, Amirabad AD. Inhibition of
LPS-induced apoptosis in differentiated-PC12 cells by new triazine derivatives through NF-κB-
mediated suppression of COX-2. Neurochem Int. 2010
14. Nasiraei-Moghadam S, Kazeminezhad B, Dargahi L, Ahmadiani A. Maternal oral consumption of
morphine increases Bax/Bcl-2 ratio and caspase 3 activity during early neural system development in
rat embryos. J Mol Neurosci. 2010 May; 41(1):156-64. doi: 10.1007/s12031-009-9312-6.
15. Khalaj L, Peirovi H, Khaodagholi F, Abdi A, Dargahi L, Mohagheghi F and Ahmadiani A. Acute
Administration of Estradiol Protects against Spinal Ischemic-Reperfusion Injury in Male Rabbits.
Physiology and Pharmacology, 2010; 14(1): 1-11.
neuroinflammation induced by soluble β amyloid monomer, protects cells from abnormal survival and proliferation, via attenuation of NFκB activity. Physiology and Pharmacology, 2010; 14(3): 211-
17. Dutta P, Deb D, Dargahi L, Ivankovic D and Dev KK. The GPR37/Pael receptor; Finding a way to
the cell surface. Drug discovery, 2010; 7: 36-40.
National & International Conferences
1. 45th European Brain and Behavior Society Meeting, 2013, Munich: Nasoohi S, Dargahi L,
Enayatfard L, Rostami F, Ahmadiani A. Dual Role of PPAR-γ in Induction and Expression of Behavioral Sensitization to Cannabinoid Receptor Agonist WIN55,212-2. Poster presentation 2. 21st Iranian Congress of Physiology and Pharmacology 2013, Tabriz: Dargahi L, Asle-Rousta M,
Kolahdooz Z, Omidbakhsh R, Hemmati L, Ahmadiani A. Therapeutic potential of S1P1 receptors in Alzheimer's disease. Oral presentation 3. 20th Iranian Congress of Physiology and Pharmacology 2011, Hamedan: Enayatfard L, Rostami F, Oryan Sh, Ahmadianin A, Dargahi L. PPARγ activity is necessary for the development of behavioral
sensitization to WIN55212-2 but plays an inhibitory role in the expression phase. Poster presentation
4. 20th Iranian Congress of Physiology and Pharmacology 2011, Hamedan: Rostam F, Oryan Sh, Ahmadiani A, Dargahi L. Morphine preconditioning exerts anti-inflammatory and protective roles in
Lipopolysaccharide induced neuroinflammation and memory deficit. Poster presentation
5. 20th Iranian Congress of Physiology and Pharmacology 2011, Hamedan: Asle Rousta M, Kolahdooz Z, Oryan Sh, Ahmadiani A, Dargahi L. FTY720 (Fingolimod) attenuates the Aβ -induced
neuroinflammation and spatial memory deficit in an animal model of Alzheimer’s disease. Oral
6. 20th Iranian Congress of Physiology and Pharmacology 2011, Hamedan: Kolahdooz Z, Asle Rousta M, Oryan Sh, Ahmadiani A, Dargahi L. Lipopolysaccharide induced neuronal injury and memory
deficit can be reversed by sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor modulators. Poster presentation
7. 1st National Congress of Neuroscience 1389 (2011), Golestan University of Medical Sciences, Gorgan, Iran: Nasiraei-Moghadam Sh, Sherafat A, Safari M-Sh, Ahmadiani A and Dargahi L.
Sexual Maturation Repairs Prenatal Morphine Exposure Induced Memory Deficit in Male but not
Female Rats. Oral presentation
8. 7th FENS Forum of European neuroscience, July 3-7, 2010, Amsterdam: Dargahi L, Nasiraei-
Moghadam Sh, Abdi A, Khalaj L, Moradi F, Ahmadiani A. COX-1 activity precedes the COX-2 induction in Aβ induced neuroinflammation. Poster presentation 9. 19th Iranian Congress of Physiology and Pharmacology 2009, Tehran: Nasiraei-Moghadam Sh, Kazeminezhad B, Dargahi L, Ahmadiani A. Maternal oral consumption of morphine increases
bax/bcl-2 ratio and caspase-3 activity during early neural system development in rat embryos. Poster
10. 19th Iranian Congress of Physiology and Pharmacology 2009, Tehran: Khalaj L, Peirovi H, Khodagholi F, Abdi A, Dargahi L, Mohagheghi F, Ahmadiani A. Estradiol neuroprotection against
spinal cord ischemia-reperfusion; focus on cyclooxygenase, heat shock protein 70 and cleaved
caspase 3. Poster presentation
12. The 9th International Conference and Exhibition on Drug Discovery 2006, Basel: Behravan J, Ramezani M, Dargahi L, Abaei MR. Larvicidal Activity of Thymus transcaspicus essential oil
against Anopheles stephensi (Celia). Poster presentation
2012-2013: Teaching molecular cloning and basics of animal cell culture techniques at the 2nd and 3rd
2011-2012: Teaching pharmacology to medical, dentistry, obstetrics and anesthesiology students at
Qazvin University of Medical Sciences.
2011-date: Teaching neuropharmacology and methodology to neuroscience PhD students at
Neuroscience Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences.
Major Laboratory Techniques Acquired
Molecular biology techniques including gene cloning, hybridization, PCR and RT-PCR; protein-protein interaction assays; cell culture experiments; immunobloting techniques including western blot, immunehistochemistry and immunocytochemistry Animal cell and tissue culture techniques Behavioral experiments on laboratory animals Statistical analysis of experimental data Memberships
1. Iranian Society of Physiology and Pharmacology (ISPP) 2. Iranian Pharmaceutical Association-IphA 3. Iranian Medical council, I.R.IRAN 4. Iranian Cell Death Association
Psychopharmacology (1999) 143 : 286 –292 P. Bitsios · E. Szabadi · C.M. Bradshaw Comparison of the effects of venlafaxine, paroxetine and desipramineon the pupillary light reflex in manReceived : 29 July 1998 / Final version : 17 November 1998 Abstract Rationale : The time-course of the pupillary effects. Conclusions : The increase in resting pupil diam-light reflex response is det